COVID-19 testing is currently available via a limited-contact, drive-thru service at SCU Health. Testing is available on a first come, first served basis. Necessity will be assessed and confirmed by phone or video encounter.
Patients who test positive for COVID-19 may seek treatment with their primary care doctor or with OUCH! Urgent Care on the SCU Health campus. Please take the necessary precautions and follow current CDC guidelines to keep yourself and others safe. If you have severe or life-threatening symptoms, call 9-1-1.
Thank you for helping me register for COVID-19 testing and making the experience easy for my mom. The SCU staff member who took my mom’s sample was very skilled and patient with her. Once again, thank you.
- Carlos C.
WHAT ARE THE TESTS:
Viral and Diagnostic Tests
- Checks for the presence of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, which causes COVID-19, to determine if there is a current infection.
- Viral and Diagnostic Tests take 10 seconds to perform and include:
- Rapid Antigen Test — same day results, but is more likely to miss an active COVID-19 infection than the Molecular/PCR test.
- Molecular/Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) Test — results available in about one to three business days, and is more likely to detect an active infection than the Rapid Antigen test.
- Results available in one to two business days, and determines past exposure to COVID-19. The test takes about five minutes to perform.
HOW TO START: